Here's Why I'm Pissed OffI thought about this conversation for a while. I was just over-reacting, I told myself. It's just another person taking advantage of a situation for her own financial gain ... hey, we ALL do that. I have two fitness DVDs after all, that I'd be thrilled if you'd purchase. But then I started checking around. Despite an adamant disclaimer that this "is not a diet book," Tory is ...
- Making sure her media posse positions the book as a way to lose weight and be happier.
- Charging $40 to $75 per person for the opportunity to attend an "intimate evening with Tory" to learn how you can get on the same successful path.
- Working with several companies (mostly snack bars and diet and fitness products) and cross-promoting them with her tour.
If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.Do you see on the Facebook comment above where I say, "If she starts hawking diet pills/drinks/powders/bars I'll have lost all respect for her. Ditto if she starts a weight loss group of some sort that she charges for ..."?? Did you see 2 and 3 above? Yep ... she's looking to making money through ...
- Book sales
- A "for fee" tour aimed at encouraging you to be as successful (and slim) as she is
- Charging companies for access to you through her platform