We see lots of sculpted bodies in the media. There are many people telling us to do what they do and we’ll look just like them: sculpted, lean, and with a beautiful member of the opposite sex hanging off of us. But do we trust the marketers? What’s the best way to workout if you’re just starting a weight training program? I’ve got your answers.
Tag Archives | workingout
Win a workout outfit from Thriv NP! Contest rules here.
You can not lose weight in a vacuum. It can’t be done. You need a team of people to help you achieve your goals or you’ll never make it. Your nearest and dearest, be they housemates or family members are going to have to help you get there. Below are some tips to get them (and you) on board.
There is now a little web app called TweetCalories where you can go and figure out how many calories your “tweeting” has burned in the past 24 hours.
Let us know how much of a gym rat you really are? Vote here for how many times per week you actually workout. Go ahead, be honest … I dare you …
The faster you lose weight may determine your ability to keep it off and how much you lose. That’s the result of a new study published last week in the International Journal of Behavioral Medicine.
Working out outdoors boosts moods and has both short and long term benefits. I love this multistudy analysis which looked at the effects of exercising outside on 1,252 people.
You’ve probably seen Parkour and just didn’t know it. If you’ve watched Jason Bourne careen through the Ultimatum or Daniel Craig chase a bad guy in James Bond flick then you’ve seen some of the best Parkour guys in the world. To them the world is literally their playground as they zip over buildings, handily climb up drain spouts and easily vault over park benches.
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- Tory Johnson’s The Shift: Why She Doesn’t Like Me Right Now September 8, 2013
- Book Review: Tory Johnson The Shift September 11, 2013
- A New Chapter for My Fitness Life September 12, 2013
- Yoga vs Pilates: The New York Times is wrong August 14, 2013
- Is “All Things in Moderation” a Crutch? August 12, 2013
- harold: hi, I find what you say interesting, have taken pi...
- Lisa Johnson: Hi Anne, It's the 2nd one … a chicken breast ...
- Lisa Johnson: Hi Ross, thanks for coming back and sharing your e...
- De: I can't stand meditation, nor can I stand repetit...
- Beverly: I agree 100%!!! I agree so much that I am a physic...