People make plenty of mistakes at the gym. Here are the most common ones and, more importantly, how to do them right!
Tag Archives | working out
Choosing wisely will increase your longevity and how much you enjoy the life you’re living. Here’s how to be choosy.
I was recently given the Gym Boss to evaluate. Turns out I like it. It’s a simple device (really just a timer) that lets you set intervals to get your workouts in with no cheating.
It’s National Yoga Month in the U.S. and lots of studios are offering free classes. This is a great opportunity to try different styles of yoga and find one that works best for you. Yoga covers a broad range of movements, from very calming and relaxing to incredibly invigorating and sweat inducing. You can find your zen or find your six pack; the choice is up to you.
This article will get you off to a great Fall and jolt you out of any fitness ruts you might be in. What will you do for your fall fitness plan?
Great intentions are easily dashed by poor planning and last minute schedule zappers. It is so hard to go through your week and add the 150 to 250 minutes of exercise that you should be getting. Below are some tips to keep you on track and reaching your health and fitness goals.
t’s practically a Hollywood secret weapon. Celebs such as Rachel Weisz, J. Lo, Brooke Burke, and Ellen Pompeo have all used Pilates to stay healthy during their pregnancies and to get back into shape fast after their little ones were born. One of the main reasons is that Pilates is always pulling the abdominals in towards the spine.
We often get hung up in routine. We tend to do the same thing over and over again, same 5 pound bicep curl, same number of pushups, same Bootcamp class. But mixing it up is a great way to keep the body lean, keep your mind engaged, and keep you plugged in to regular exercise.
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- Prepping for a Fitness DVD: Help Me Pick My Wardrobe and Win a $100 Gift Card October 10, 2012
- Did Dr. Oz Sell Out? January 2, 2013
- Do Calories Matter Anymore? March 8, 2013
- Hiring a Personal Trainer: Girls vs. Boys November 1, 2012
- Fitness Conferences and Fashionable Bodies November 13, 2012
- Lisa Johnson: Thanks TK!...
- TK: Great advice for being active during the Summer. ...
- Lisa Johnson: Thanks Sandra, glad you found it helpful. :)...
- Sandra: I've been practicing both meditation and Yoga for...
- Lisa Johnson: That's a cool story about your friend Tracey Joy ...