Americans keep getting bigger as obesity rates climb once again. How fat is your state?
Tag Archives | this is why you’re fat
Mitt Romney’s venture company, Bain Capital, invests in fast food chains that return high profits. As President, how would this potentially affect our waistlines?
Eat now! For a limited time! Don’t miss out! You’ll have to wait until next year! The strange pull of the McRib sandwich.
Travel the country and check out the dishes you could have sampled at this year’s state fairs.
There has been a trend lately for “shock and awe” dishes that bring the uber-hungry to the restaurants and garner lots of press and chidings from bloggers. But is the fast food industry responsible for the obesity problem? Or is it squarely at the feet of the consumer, the ones who opened their mouths in the first place, and who don’t understand the term “moderation”?
Okay, this one grossed me out. A large White Castle chocolate milk shake, noted as the Louisville version, is a whopping 1,680 calories! For some reason they make them a little different in Kentucky because the New Jersey region shake was “only” 1,230 calories.
I had the chance to interview Jackie Warner about her book “This is Why Your Fat.” She provided some great insights into diet, exercise, and having a positive attitude.
Denny’s Fried Cheese Melt weighs in at over 63 grams of fat! Is this even remotely healthy?
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- Tory Johnson’s The Shift: Why She Doesn’t Like Me Right Now September 8, 2013
- Book Review: Tory Johnson The Shift September 11, 2013
- A New Chapter for My Fitness Life September 12, 2013
- Yoga vs Pilates: The New York Times is wrong August 14, 2013
- What is Rolfing? I Give it a Try June 10, 2013
- Lisa Johnson: Hi Immy, I think I've pretty much explained all...
- Lisa Johnson: I finished my Reformer training and opened a studi...
- Lisa Johnson: the more I learn the more I realize how much power...
- Lisa Johnson: LOL, good luck Jemaima :-)...
- MommaZ: Totally AGREE! I am a raw foodie, and believe that...