A recent study has shown a direct correlation between running and longer life expectancy, so there’s yet one more reason why you should strap on your sneakers and hit the pavement.
Tag Archives | running
As an Ambassador for the ZOOMA Cape Cod 10K, I’m pleased to announce the next location for their Women’s Race Series.
If a 100 year old man can finish a marathon then whatever fitness goal you aim for should be doable don’t you think? Here’s a little inspiration and how to develop a plan for success.
Is it worth it to spend a fortune on your workout gear? From socks to headbands, here’s a rundown of what’s worth it and what isn’t.
When we start a fitness or weight loss plan, we experiment a bit to find what works best for us. Maybe it’s running, or Spin classes, or Zumba, but we come up with a plan that shows results on the scale and we stick with it. Forever! If it’s been a while since you shook up your cardio, here are some ideas to bust you out of your rut.
I’ve been a runner since college. Not a great one, I’ll do it for a while then switch to something else, then come back to it again. I used to do 7 minute miles but those day are distant at the moment. I’ve been around running circles for a while now. I was even once a member (very briefly) of the Boston Athletic Association. The venerable institution that puts on the Boston Marathon every year.
Cardio exercise, the act of raising your heart rate up beyond it’s usual pace is the cornerstone to any fitness plan. But what, exactly, do you need to do for a healthy cardio routine? I get asked this question all the time and below are my answers … it’s a culmination of the research I’ve read over the years and just working with my clients every day.
We often get hung up in routine. We tend to do the same thing over and over again, same 5 pound bicep curl, same number of pushups, same Bootcamp class. But mixing it up is a great way to keep the body lean, keep your mind engaged, and keep you plugged in to regular exercise.
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- Did Dr. Oz Sell Out? January 2, 2013
- Tory Johnson’s The Shift: Why She Doesn’t Like Me Right Now September 8, 2013
- Do Calories Matter Anymore? March 8, 2013
- Book Review: Tory Johnson The Shift September 11, 2013
- The Next Diet Trend: Suck Food Out of Your Stomach January 8, 2013
- Your Problem Solved | Romance is not just for teenagers…: […] Living As well Long." It was als...
- devilish diva: I appreciate a trainer's point of view on this su...
- Valerie: I've read these comments, and although I am no bi...
- EnduringSpeed: on the contrary i am suffering because I am a male...
- Jenny Baker: Hey Lisa I appreciate your work. I'm also taking ...