Being thin is healthier, except when you contract a disease normally associated with obese people. Then, skinny can be fatal.
Tag Archives | obesity
Arizona is considering charging a “fat tax” for overweight Medicaid patients. My guess is the U.S. government will be considering it too. What do you think?
I believe we’ve reached the peak of the obesity epidemic in the U.S. Here’s why.
More than 50% of Europeans are now overweight. Welcome to the club, boys and girls. It’s not such a great club really …
A rather amusing study coming out of Turkey. Men with higher BMIs take longer to reach ejaculation, thereby prolonging their sexual pleasure.
There has been a trend lately for “shock and awe” dishes that bring the uber-hungry to the restaurants and garner lots of press and chidings from bloggers. But is the fast food industry responsible for the obesity problem? Or is it squarely at the feet of the consumer, the ones who opened their mouths in the first place, and who don’t understand the term “moderation”?
What are the best steps for addressing adult obesity? How the government, friends, and businesses can help us all.
The 2010 rankings are out for obesity in the US. The numbers are increasingly worse with only one area improving over last year, the home of Mrs. Obama, Washington, DC.
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- The Boston Marathon Cometh: I’m Not Ready March 23, 2014
- Recovering From an Injury: When You Should Rest and How to Get Back Into a Training Schedule July 31, 2014
- Cross-Training to Reduce Injury August 12, 2014
- If I Couldn’t Walk (The Paralympics Are Here) March 9, 2014
- Paralympics and Boston Bombing Victims March 25, 2014
- Lisa Johnson: Hi Oshananda, definitely try Stott, they're based...
- Sarah: Hi Lisa! I'm a personal trainer & I'm a b...
- Donna Naumann: I love the chart. I tell patients all the time th...
- Oshananda Manuel: Hi Lisa, I am wondering if you can recommend a ...
- Lynette: Starting my Stott training this fall and am lookin...