For the month of October, I’m doing a series of posts on stepping outside my comfort zone when it comes to my health and fitness routine. Step one? Cooking with kale.
Tag Archives | Nutrition
A recent study claims that eating eggs can be as bad as smoking cigarettes. What does this mean for your morning breakfast?
The Taco Bell lawsuit brings to light lobbying efforts which have somehow negotiated “beef” into only needing to be 35% meat to qualify. What does this mean for what we’re eating?
Black rice is a great antioxidant with a nutty flavor. It’s a good alternative for winter nutrition and it’s cheap!
An alternative to the USDA Pyramid based on 40 years of scientific research and produced by the Harvard School of Public Health.
We struggle so much to find balance in our life. But Mike Davenport sums it up brilliantly.
Losing weight is the easy part. It’s the keeping it off that’s hard. I’ve watched most of my clients fluctuate up and down over the years. We all seem to have a number on the scale that gets us off our butts and gets us back into our fitness routines. But once we’re at the size we’re happy with, we slide, slide, slide…
Has your life shifted lately? I’ve found with the recession that I’m spending a lot more time at home, meeting with friends in parks and living rooms, and foregoing fancy restaurants and theater shows.
My pace of life isn’t slower, though; if anything it seems faster than it’s ever been. Looming to-do lists, family obligations, the busy-ness of daily life can easily overwhelm any downtime I’m hoping to find.
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- Tory Johnson’s The Shift: Why She Doesn’t Like Me Right Now September 8, 2013
- Book Review: Tory Johnson The Shift September 11, 2013
- A New Chapter for My Fitness Life September 12, 2013
- Yoga vs Pilates: The New York Times is wrong August 14, 2013
- Are Fitness Bloggers Selling Out? July 22, 2013
- harold: hi, I find what you say interesting, have taken pi...
- Lisa Johnson: Hi Anne, It's the 2nd one … a chicken breast ...
- Lisa Johnson: Hi Ross, thanks for coming back and sharing your e...
- De: I can't stand meditation, nor can I stand repetit...
- Beverly: I agree 100%!!! I agree so much that I am a physic...