I believe we’ve reached the peak of the obesity epidemic in the U.S. Here’s why.
Tag Archives | Michelle Obama
Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign is just one way to reach kids. Sometimes you only need to talk to their parents.
Yay! Michelle Obama does Pilates. She came clean in this month’s issue of Ladies’ Home Journal. Can I say I suspected it? She was rocking those arms last fall but then they got a bit of a softer line these past few months. I wondered if she had started to add Pilates into her routine as that is a tell-tale sign, and lo and behold she did!
The Governor of Massachusetts passed a bill into law this week that requires the removal of fryolators from school cafeteria kitchens and the inclusion of fresh fruits and vegetables whenever food is sold. What’s great is that fried food will be less available and the healthy stuff will be more available; what’s sad is that it requires a law to make this so.
The 2010 rankings are out for obesity in the US. The numbers are increasingly worse with only one area improving over last year, the home of Mrs. Obama, Washington, DC.
Despite top ranked TV shows, a strong push from Michelle Obama and the US Government, Americans continue to slide deeper into obesity. All states continued to pack on the pounds. Only the District of Columbia improved. (Maybe Mrs. Obama is having an impact afterall.)
I’ll be dissecting the study more tomorrow. Here’s the ranking for today. How did your state do?
Should health insurers charge people more money if they’re overweight? They want to.
A rather provocative headline isn’t it? There is a little ripple going around foodie circles right now though that states just that. Let me state that these are progressive, liberal people making this claim and they actually have a bit of a point.
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- Prepping for a Fitness DVD: Help Me Pick My Wardrobe and Win a $100 Gift Card October 10, 2012
- Did Dr. Oz Sell Out? January 2, 2013
- Do Calories Matter Anymore? March 8, 2013
- Hiring a Personal Trainer: Girls vs. Boys November 1, 2012
- Fitness Conferences and Fashionable Bodies November 13, 2012
- Kieran: The ONLY thing i can't understand about...sports ...
- Laurie: That stress hormone, cortisol, is a killer! We wom...
- Rob Fogal: Hi Lisa, Interesting blog, and I really like the ...
- staci: i've had similar issues and appreciate your post....
- Tamara: You must be living in my house! I just turned 46 a...