Sometimes it seems like the way we deal with obesity in the U.S. is nothing more than throwing hundreds of band-aids over a scratch when what the patient really needs is surgery.
Tag Archives | Jamie Oliver
“Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution” premiered season two last night. This time the show is set in Los Angeles and Jamie gets the cold shoulder from just about everyone. What’s a chaos maker to do?
“Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution” begins its second season this Tuesday night. Please vote with your remote and tell the U.S. Goverment to improve our kids’ lunches!
I believe we’ve reached the peak of the obesity epidemic in the U.S. Here’s why.
ABC confirmed today that it will bring back “Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution” for a second season. This time the show will be based in Los Angeles.
Despite top ranked TV shows, a strong push from Michelle Obama and the US Government, Americans continue to slide deeper into obesity. All states continued to pack on the pounds. Only the District of Columbia improved. (Maybe Mrs. Obama is having an impact afterall.)
I’ll be dissecting the study more tomorrow. Here’s the ranking for today. How did your state do?
Jamie Oliver was making a point when he came to Huntington, WV. Take the “sickest” city in America and turn it’s citizens on to healthy eating habits. Overhaul the school lunch program and create lots of happy, healthier citizens. But now the school board might just let it die.
Jamie Oliver is capping off his six episode run of “Food Revolution” tonight. It’s his last chance to get our attention. It’s his last chance to try to change the way we eat in the United States. He’ll only succeed if you vote with your remote.
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- Tory Johnson’s The Shift: Why She Doesn’t Like Me Right Now September 8, 2013
- Do Calories Matter Anymore? March 8, 2013
- Book Review: Tory Johnson The Shift September 11, 2013
- Yoga vs Pilates: The New York Times is wrong August 14, 2013
- A New Chapter for My Fitness Life September 12, 2013
- MommaZ: Totally AGREE! I am a raw foodie, and believe that...
- Kris: James, I am a licensed health care professional...
- Jemaima Robles: thanks for this post! At least now I know where to...
- Imogen: Hey Lisa! What a helpful post! I am currently i...
- Clare: Hello Lisa, Thank you for your post. I was a fi...