Self-help books promise happiness in about 300 pages. How much expertise do these “experts” actually have?
Tag Archives | Happiness
Spend a week evaluating how you live with the goal to live a better life. We’ll cover everything from cardio to community, from meditation to motivation.
We struggle so much to find balance in our life. But Mike Davenport sums it up brilliantly.
Working out outdoors boosts moods and has both short and long term benefits. I love this multistudy analysis which looked at the effects of exercising outside on 1,252 people.
I was wandering around the USDA website (yes, I do this for fun …) and came across a really great resource. A little fact sheet on how to be a healthy role model for children. It’s got some simple things you can do, especially if you’re a parent, to make sure kids learn how to live healthfully.
Eustress literally means, good stress. It is the psychological and physical response we get when we have achieved something difficult. This could mean completing an athletic feat or acing a job interview. It’s the emotions you feel while thrilling at a horror movie or rushing down a roller coaster. . . Eustress is that little fist pump or happy dance,
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- Tory Johnson’s The Shift: Why She Doesn’t Like Me Right Now September 8, 2013
- Book Review: Tory Johnson The Shift September 11, 2013
- Yoga vs Pilates: The New York Times is wrong August 14, 2013
- A New Chapter for My Fitness Life September 12, 2013
- What is Rolfing? I Give it a Try June 10, 2013
- Lisa Johnson: Hi Immy, I think I've pretty much explained all...
- Lisa Johnson: I finished my Reformer training and opened a studi...
- Lisa Johnson: the more I learn the more I realize how much power...
- Lisa Johnson: LOL, good luck Jemaima :-)...
- MommaZ: Totally AGREE! I am a raw foodie, and believe that...