Self-help books promise happiness in about 300 pages. How much expertise do these “experts” actually have?
Tag Archives | Happiness
Spend a week evaluating how you live with the goal to live a better life. We’ll cover everything from cardio to community, from meditation to motivation.
We struggle so much to find balance in our life. But Mike Davenport sums it up brilliantly.
Working out outdoors boosts moods and has both short and long term benefits. I love this multistudy analysis which looked at the effects of exercising outside on 1,252 people.
I was wandering around the USDA website (yes, I do this for fun …) and came across a really great resource. A little fact sheet on how to be a healthy role model for children. It’s got some simple things you can do, especially if you’re a parent, to make sure kids learn how to live healthfully.
Eustress literally means, good stress. It is the psychological and physical response we get when we have achieved something difficult. This could mean completing an athletic feat or acing a job interview. It’s the emotions you feel while thrilling at a horror movie or rushing down a roller coaster. . . Eustress is that little fist pump or happy dance,
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- I Broke Myself February 15, 2014
- When Famous People OD February 6, 2014
- The Boston Marathon Cometh: I’m Not Ready March 23, 2014
- Recovering From an Injury: When You Should Rest and How to Get Back Into a Training Schedule July 31, 2014
- Cross-Training to Reduce Injury August 12, 2014
- rose: I hired a female personal trainer. My husband woul...
- Christopher Leatham: This is an interesting article to read. Altho...
- Mirek: I was wondering if that ForksoverKnives diet is ap...
- 400 Minutes and I Only Went to Gym Once?: […] for my soul… so there was a great ...
- Kayla: Hi Lisa, I am currently going through balanced bod...