Time to vote: what exercise or activity is your state best known for?
Tag Archives | exercise
Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign is just one way to reach kids. Sometimes you only need to talk to their parents.
Five ways to torch calories and have a blast! It’s inspirational and it works.
I’ve been asked for tons of fitness advice over the years so I thought I’d put it all together in a column and let you guys cull for gems. Some ideas will seem obvious. Some will be a bit of a surprise. Hopefully some you can apply immediately to live a better life.
When we start a fitness or weight loss plan, we experiment a bit to find what works best for us. Maybe it’s running, or Spin classes, or Zumba, but we come up with a plan that shows results on the scale and we stick with it. Forever! If it’s been a while since you shook up your cardio, here are some ideas to bust you out of your rut.
Here’s my basic strength test, see how you stack up. Do the test first, then grade yourself below. This is meant to give you a general idea of where you are strong and weak. Then you can address how to train with more balance.
World Fitness Day will apparently be just a tiny slice of the planet … although a star-studded event.
Jane Fonda has created the event to benefit her charity for teens at risk for pregnancy. She has several famous supports including Denise Austin, Billy Blanks, Ludacris, Richard Simmons and the Pointer Sisters.
How much do you need to exercise every day? Some new research points were just released from the Journal of the American Medical Association.
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- Cross-Training to Reduce Injury August 12, 2014
- Recovering From an Injury: When You Should Rest and How to Get Back Into a Training Schedule July 31, 2014
- Talking on the Phone | Som2ny Post: […] www.lisajohnsonfitness.com/phones-in-the...
- Donna: Hi Lisa, I have been doing Pilates off and on for ...
- Dan: I agree, I will be going to medical school next ye...
- Anastasiia: Hello to everyone! My name is Anastasiia, I'm a ...
- Donald: I'm guessing that there probably is some upper li...