How we perceive ourselves has such an impact on the actions we take to live a healthier life. So why not turn positive thinking into positive action?
Tag Archives | body image
From Halle Berry to Adele, all kinds of celebrities exude body confidence. Here’s how we can tap into their secret to get our own.
Jackie & Marilyn were unique style icons who also had their own fitness personalities too. Are you more of a Jackie or more of a Marilyn? Take this quiz to find out.
Body acceptance can be a key ingredient to losing weight. So how do you love your “fat self” as much as your “thin self”?
Marie Claire attacks six fitness bloggers as promoting an eating disordered lifestyle. Are they?
I’ve been reading a lot about body image and trends in shapes lately. It seems the A cup is in, a status symbol linked to being thin. After all, not a lot of size 14 women (the average American dress size) have A cups. Is it fair to judge a woman by her bra size?
We’ve been vaguely aware of it for years … dress sizes are getting ever more generous. Your brain is pretty sure you’re a size 10 but then you’re shopping and lo and behold a “size 6″ suddenly fits you. Suddenly that item of clothing is much more appealing.
Every year we watch the Oscars to get an idea of what’s in fashion. We admire the dresses … sometimes we trash them … and then we go back to our humdrum wardrobes. It might actually be easier and definitely cheaper to get an Oscar worthy body than it is to get an Oscar worth frock.
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- I Broke Myself February 15, 2014
- When Famous People OD February 6, 2014
- The Boston Marathon Cometh: I’m Not Ready March 23, 2014
- Recovering From an Injury: When You Should Rest and How to Get Back Into a Training Schedule July 31, 2014
- Cross-Training to Reduce Injury August 12, 2014
- 400 Minutes and I Only Went to Gym Once?: […] for my soul… so there was a great ...
- Kayla: Hi Lisa, I am currently going through balanced bod...
- Sandy: Hi Lisa. Thanks for the post and questions :) I...
- Lisa Johnson: Jill, I do strongly feel that age doesn't matter....
- Lisa Johnson: Hi Jill, for Indianapolis I don't really! Look f...