If you’re going to get your Irish on this St. Patty’s Day you need to know how much damage you’re doing. What will it actually take to burn off a couple of pints ‘o Guinness? Well, get your Erin Go Sports Bra on and look below for suggestions on how to burn off those calories before you join the festivities.
Incidentally Guiness has less calories ounce per ounce than Bud Light! Who knew?
A pint of Guinness is 170 calories. So two pints means you have to burn off 340 calories. Below are some exercises and length of time needed to burn off 340 calories for the average 150 pound person. It doesn’t take long at all!
- Running, 9-minute mile, 26 minutes
- Spinning, moderate, 26 minutes
- Jumping Rope, moderate, 29 minutes
- Yoga, vigorous, 43 minutes
- Elliptical, moderate intensity, 44 minutes
- Boxing, punching bag, 48 minutes
- Pilates, Intermediate, 58 minutes
- Walking, brisk, 75 minutes
- Weight Lifting, moderate, 95 minutes
If you’d like to see how many calories you need to burn, at your current weight, just go to Self.com, they have a great calculator I’ve been using for a while.
Enjoy your St. Patrick’s Day!