As we close out the year, so many of us are looking forward. What will 2011 bring? Can I be healthier, slimmer, richer, happier, more calm, more well-traveled? January 1st brings with it endless opportunities to change for the better and strive just a little bit more for our dreams to materialize.
Please just take a moment and acknowledge 2010. You’ve done amazing things, accomplished some unlikely feats, survived a mishap or two with aplomb. Just take a moment and remember where you’ve been.
I know from interacting with you here and on Twitter that some of you have run 5Ks, 10Ks, even marathons for the first time. Some of you have overcome your fear of the gym; some of you have learned to love yourself a little bit more.
Think about where you were this time last year and what you were hoping for 2010. I bet you got a lot further than you thought.
Here’s what I’m proud of:
- Graduated from “cocktail” blogger to a real blogger with posts five days a week
- Spoke at my first conference! (I guess I did alright because I’m speaking at two more in 2011.)
- Wrote my first eBook
- Started a regular practice of meditation
- Right-sized my Pilates studios
- Really played with my family, all sorts of new things like indoor trampoline, kayaking, and hiking
- Got a little bit better at asking for help
Please share your accomplishments and give yourself a pat on the back. I wish you all a wonderful 2011 and a big ol’ hug to all my readers for creating such a great community here with me.