- you live in an urban/surburban environment vs. rural
- you're well educated
- you don't smoke
- you have easy access to health care
- your income is above the poverty line
- you have access to healthy foods
- you have access to outdoor areas
How Healthy is Your County?
County Health Rankings is an annual report, published by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, a think tank in Washington, DC. They have a great interactive chart and you can look at every county in the US to see how you rank by state. I live in one of the healthier states (Massachusetts is 3rd overall) and I live in the 3rd healthiest county in the state so I'm feeling pretty good. Go ahead and see how you rank ... then come back! The findings are interesting ... generally you're going to be healthier if:There is an important report that came out a few weeks ago that didn't get as much press as I hoped it would.
About Lisa JohnsonLisa Johnson here. I've been a personal trainer since 1997, a Pilates instructor since 1998 and the owner of Modern Pilates since 1999. I'm hoping to give you some good ideas to get or stay in shape with a healthy dose of humor and reality. Thanks for joining me.
- Dale Robinson-Gervais: Hi Lisa, Please accept my criticism as constructi...
- Ravonne: Hi Lisa, are you able to recommend a training scho...
- Jogging couple – Som2ny Network: […] photo, in which only the woman is visibl...
- Romance isn’t just for teenagers… | MoonBaby: […] Challenge – Living Too Long."...
- Angella: Wow, at 1,932 calories you’ve got some major por...
30 day challenge Biggest Loser body image cardio childhood obesity exercise featured Fitness fitness dvd fitness goals fitness in your 40s fitness in your forties fitness plan Food Revolution goal setting Happiness healthy eating Jamie Oliver Jillian Michaels Jonathan Bailor Lets Move Lisa Johnson Lisa Johnson fitness lose weight meditation Michelle Obama New Year's Resolutions Nutrition obesity personal trainer pilates reluctant hubby Resistance Training running slider smarter science of slim the four hour body this is why you're fat tim ferriss weight loss weight training workingout working out workout yoga