Diet Pool RulesWhat are the rules for joining in the Diet Pool?
- It's 28 days long.
- You have to weigh yourself and take a picture on Day 1 and Day 28.
- You have to lose 4% of your body weight to win (for me, that's just a bit shy of 6 pounds, or 1.25 pounds a week).
- You can comment as often as you'd like, but you have to be supportive. No meanies allowed!
- You do not have to make your weight public to be part of the group. The site has "verifiers" who will confirm your progress.
Pros of a Diet Pool
- The camaraderie of losing weight with a group of supportive people.
- A little friendly competition to keep you laser focused.
- A short, reasonable goal so you don't feel bogged down by a huge commitment.
- The ability to do a little reboot after the holiday season.
- Studies show that going public with a goal makes you more likely to actually do it.
Cons of a Diet Pool
- If you have an eating disorder or eating disorder tendencies, don't go near this.
- If you've tossed your scale and are quite happy, then this isn't for you either.
- Focusing on a number on a scale is NOT the be all, end all. There are better ways to measure healthy living than simply how much you weigh.