Recently I wrote about the Boston Marathon bombing and my thoughts about this year’s pending race. I’m conflicted for sure … but one piece of my research that I thought was kind of amazing was how a former Paralympic athlete has reached out to bombing victims providing them with prosthetics. New Yorker Amy Palmiero-Winters is nothing […]
Archive | Fitness RSS feed for this section
When I was a kid, I read the book Pollyanna by Eleanor Porter. The main character, a young girl, has a very sunny outlook on life, which she shares with everyone else in her small town. But her disposition is tested when she gets hit by a car and loses the use of her legs, […]
Sometimes my body gives me a warning shot and I ignore it. This is always a bad move. Thursday it was a somewhat crick-y back that I silently willed to leave me alone. So, Friday morning when I hobbled out of bed bent over I realized I’d been bitch-slapped. My body does not fool around, […]
A schism exists between the “kindness towards your body” and the “feel the burn” workouts. People cleave avidly to only one group, there is little mixing. Like liberals and Tea Party Members it’s best not to get them in the same room, both thinking they are far, far superior to the other. Clearly I’m […]
Greg the DJ is back with 10 more tunes for your earholes while exercising!
Did he ever return? No he never returned. ‘Cause he’s dead. A fitness pro gets used to the daily commute.
Juggling family, to do lists, and trying to squeeze in fitness can be really hard. Here are some strategies.
Even fit and healthy folks need to take training seriously when undertaking a new athletic endeavor. Here’s why.
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- Tory Johnson’s The Shift: Why She Doesn’t Like Me Right Now September 8, 2013
- Book Review: Tory Johnson The Shift September 11, 2013
- A New Chapter for My Fitness Life September 12, 2013
- Yoga vs Pilates: The New York Times is wrong August 14, 2013
- Is “All Things in Moderation” a Crutch? August 12, 2013
- harold: hi, I find what you say interesting, have taken pi...
- Lisa Johnson: Hi Anne, It's the 2nd one … a chicken breast ...
- Lisa Johnson: Hi Ross, thanks for coming back and sharing your e...
- De: I can't stand meditation, nor can I stand repetit...
- Beverly: I agree 100%!!! I agree so much that I am a physic...