Don’t push it I tell my friends. But they don’t always listen. Rest is required for an injury & Ace Brand Elastic Bandages can help speed up that process.
About Lisa JohnsonLisa Johnson here. I've been a personal trainer since 1997, a Pilates instructor since 1998 and the owner of Modern Pilates since 1999. I'm hoping to give you some good ideas to get or stay in shape with a healthy dose of humor and reality. Thanks for joining me.
Author Archive | Lisa Johnson
Recently I wrote about the Boston Marathon bombing and my thoughts about this year’s pending race. I’m conflicted for sure … but one piece of my research that I thought was kind of amazing was how a former Paralympic athlete has reached out to bombing victims providing them with prosthetics. New Yorker Amy Palmiero-Winters is nothing […]
Last year I was playing tennis with my family when we heard the bombs go off. I looked up to the clear blue sky and thought maybe it was a plane going by; one of us said it was probably a truck. About an hour later I knew what happened because a couple dozen people […]
When I was a kid, I read the book Pollyanna by Eleanor Porter. The main character, a young girl, has a very sunny outlook on life, which she shares with everyone else in her small town. But her disposition is tested when she gets hit by a car and loses the use of her legs, […]
Sometimes my body gives me a warning shot and I ignore it. This is always a bad move. Thursday it was a somewhat crick-y back that I silently willed to leave me alone. So, Friday morning when I hobbled out of bed bent over I realized I’d been bitch-slapped. My body does not fool around, […]
A schism exists between the “kindness towards your body” and the “feel the burn” workouts. People cleave avidly to only one group, there is little mixing. Like liberals and Tea Party Members it’s best not to get them in the same room, both thinking they are far, far superior to the other. Clearly I’m […]
I took the news of Philip Seymour Hoffman’s passing stoically, mostly shrugging it off and watching the collective wail for wasted talent echo through social media. I have a friend who works in drug rehab and when I ask her how her practice is going she always responds, “some are going up, some are going […]
Not your family … your dinner plate. How do you make it through Thursday without overindulging? Here are some strategies proven to work.
Take a Sneak Peek!
Follow @LisaJohnson on Twitter
- The Boston Marathon Cometh: I’m Not Ready March 23, 2014
- Recovering From an Injury: When You Should Rest and How to Get Back Into a Training Schedule July 31, 2014
- Cross-Training to Reduce Injury August 12, 2014
- If I Couldn’t Walk (The Paralympics Are Here) March 9, 2014
- Paralympics and Boston Bombing Victims March 25, 2014
- Lisa Johnson: Hi Oshananda, definitely try Stott, they're based...
- Sarah: Hi Lisa! I'm a personal trainer & I'm a b...
- Donna Naumann: I love the chart. I tell patients all the time th...
- Oshananda Manuel: Hi Lisa, I am wondering if you can recommend a ...
- Lynette: Starting my Stott training this fall and am lookin...